Microsoft released fresh version of
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac and
TypeScript 3.2. Let’s have a quick look at these releases.
TypeScript 3.2 release is here.
Check out below link to learn more about
These are the new features of TypeScript 3.2.
- TypeScript 3.2 introduces support for large integers via the primitive type
bigint. Now, TypeScript will warn you, if you try to mix
- TypeScript 3.2 introduces stricter checking for
- TypeScript 3.2 can now produces suggestions for most of the variables and parameters that would have been reported as having implicit any types and a quick fix to automatically infer the type.
- Now, in TypeScript 3.2, some parameters no longer accept null, or accept something a bit more specific based on the type.
- Improving formatting, TypeScript 3.2 can now smartly format several different constructs.
wheelDeltaZhave all been removed in TypeScript 3.2, as they are deprecated properties on
Find more details about
TypeScript 3.2 release: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/typescript/2018/11/29/announcing-typescript-3-2/#error-message-improvements
Visual Studio 2017
Below are just a few of the new features in
Visual Studio 2017 for Mac 7.7.
- Visual Studio for Mac IDE, will now allows developers to target the likes of
watchOS, as well as Mac desktop apps.
- If you want to try latest ASP.NET Core features, you can now work with
.NET Core 2.2-based projects in Visual Studio 2017 for Mac. To work with
.Net Core 2.2, you have to install .Net Core 2.2 Preview SDK, and then you can accomplish all the tasks you can currently do with with
.NET Core 2.1.
- These are the few improvements in ASP.NET Core 2.2:
Routingwith parameter transformers
- A new built-in service for link generation
- A health-check service for
Entity Framework DBContexts
- Data model validation system improvement
Smart Indenting, more
IntelliSensewith brace completion. Visual Studio 2017 for Mac 7.7 has number of
IntelliSenseimprovements. Most of the updated improvements includes quick fix suggestions as well as the “lightbulb” experience.
- In latest release, when there are suggested fixes, there will be an icon next to the line number, which indicates the type of fix available like a
lightbulbfor a suggestion or a
lightbulbwith an error symbol for an error, or a wrench for refactoring options and suggestions.
- There are also several improvements to
smart indentingin this release.
- There is
Azure function2.0 support. This release of Visual Studio for Mac will have now support for the latest version of Azure Functions. With version 2.0 of
Azure Functions, you now have access to a portable, cross-platform host runtime, which increases the flexibility of your
- Visual Studio 2017 for Mac provides you a wonderful macOS development environment for all your
- Visual Studio 2017 for Mac has improved the build performance for
Xamarin.Androidprojects. Now, developer will have improved deployment and build times, whether it’s the first build or the fiftieth. You will notice in your projects an average of a four second decrease in incremental build times.
Find more details here : https://github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android/wiki/Build-Performance-Results
- Sometimes you want to publish your ASP.NET projects elsewhere, instead of Azure cloud. This release introduces a new publishing destination: a folder! Now you can publish to any folder or any network drive, and either run the page locally or host it anywhere you like.
Find more details about Visual Studio 2017 for Mac: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2018/11/29/the-latest-in-visual-studio-2017-for-mac-version-7-7/